The power that made the body heals the body. -BJ Palmer
The care we provide is based on natural laws and guiding philosophies.
- There is an inborn wisdom in each of us which continually organises and co-ordinates the human body (termed innate intelligence).
- The body heals itself (simple but true).
- Physical, chemical and emotional stressors can overwhelm the body’s ability to adapt and overtime can lead to dis-ease and disease.
- The ability of the body to heal itself is determined by limitations of time and matter (given the right ingredients and environment amazing things can happen).
- The nervous system self-regulates, self-heals and coordinates all physiological processes.
- Chiropractors correct distortions to the nervous system (subluxations) to enhance innate function and the inner expression of health. They do not treat symptoms, diseases, or conditions (although as a result of a better functioning nervous system many problems can and do heal).
- Only the innate intelligence of the body can truly establish what is normal for every individual (what is beneficial or harmful for one person may not be for another).
- Chiropractic is not a substitute for medical care, nor is medical (or any other form of care) a substitute for chiropractic care.
- People must learn to take responsibility for, and make their own decisions regarding their health.
- A body with a good nerve supply is always better off than one with a poor nerve supply.
- Healing occurs from the inside-out.